In our last DiSC Blog post we introduced you to the Everything DiSC Comparison Reports, which are free for our EPIC Account clients.
This week we’re giving you step-by-step instructions and tips for incorporating Everything DiSC Comparison Reports into your DiSC Training.
Everything DiSC Comparison Report Pre-Work
- Have each DiSC participant complete an Everything DiSC Workplace™, Everything DiSC Management, or Everything DiSC Sales, or Everything DiSC 363 for Leaders Report.
- After facilitating your initial DiSC training session, create Everything DiSC Comparison Reports for pairs of employees.
- Schedule individual meetings with each participant who’ll receive a Comparison Report.
- Send their Comparison Report(s) to them prior to the meeting, and ask them to personalize the information in the report before the meeting.
Begin by asking participants for their thoughts on the feedback they received in the comparison report. Next, lead them through a discussion and discovery process using the information you haven’t already discussed on pages 5-10 in their Comparison Report(s). Ask them to share their Action Plan from page 11, discuss options, and provide guidance as needed.
Large Group Session
Schedule a large group session with all people who participated in the initial DiSC training session. Ask participants to pair up with the person from their Comparison Report.
- Schedule coaching sessions for each of the Comparison Report pairs and give them time to discuss their discoveries from completing the Comparison Reports. Give them questions to guide their discussion. Here are some ideas:
- Discuss your similarities and differences from pages 5-10 in your Comparison Reports.
- Does the feedback on your similarities and differences fit for both of you? If not, which pieces don’t fit?
- Share your rankings of traits that are most or least important to your relationship from page 11.
– Can you agree on the top three?
– Are there other important traits you’d add to this list?
- What can each of you do to adapt your behavior to meet the needs of the other on those three most important traits?
- What will you do if you feel that your needs aren’t being met?
- When should you evaluate your progress? (specific date)
Additional Everything DiSC Comparison Report Tips
During large group or coaching sessions, visit with the pairs and facilitate discussion as needed. They may or may not require direction from you, but it’s important to be available in case mediation is needed.
Ask each pair to share the date they plan to evaluate their progress with you, and let them know you’ll follow up with each of them at that time to find out how things are going and if there are other ways that you can support them.
Looking for Additional DiSC Training Ideas?Give us a call toll-free for assistance. 1-800-278-1292