Culture—it’s the way we do things around here. Or maybe more specifically, it’s the way we engage and connect with one another to get things done. It’s the result of shared experiences, behaviors, and values, and it transforms an organization from a group of individuals to a cohesive whole.
No matter how you define it, organizational culture has faced dramatic—likely permanent—changes in the wake of COVID-19. Abrupt transitions to remote work, forcing new modes of communication. Rebuilt business strategies with no guarantees of success. The ever-present need for a workforce to do more with less. Now more than ever, culture matters, and organizations must face the very real choice between actively shaping a culture that supports business recovery or letting culture emerge in a way that drags down morale, collaboration, and performance.
The choice seems clear, yet actively shaping culture remains one of the hardest things to do. Why? Because culture isn’t crafted in the board room. It’s the collection of thousands of moments, interactions, and choices made by people every day. Culture doesn’t improve in a single event. It’s built and reinforced over time through the ongoing and conscious effort toward a shared vision. Culture doesn’t transform by itself—it needs a catalyst.
Catalyst™ is a new platform designed to make it easier for organizations to integrate Everything DiSC into their work on an ongoing basis. It connects independent learning and facilitated sessions in a single, personalized space.
By combining the proprietary Everything DiSC assessment, the all-new Catalyst™ platform, and virtual instructor-led facilitation, learners will:
• Discover their DiSC® style for deepened self-understanding
• Gain insight into and appreciation for other work styles
• Learn how to adapt to others to help build better relationships
• Access real-time tips for more effective interactions with their colleagues
• Build the foundation for future social and emotional skills training—personalized to their DiSC style!
How many credits is Everything DiSC Workplace on Catalyst?
Can you upgrade your past Everything DiSC Workplace and DiSC Classic learners to the Catalyst platform?
Yes! Learners are eligible for a FREE Everything DiSC Workplace on Catalyst upgrade through December 31, 2020. This upgrade is available for English profiles only.
What is included in Catalyst?
1. The Everything DiSC Assessment
- Powered and proven by 40+ years of research
- Uses computer adaptive testing and sophisticated algorithms for precise results
- Provides the foundation for a personalized learning experience
2. Catalyst a personalized, on demand learning platform
- Delivers the results of the Everything DiSC assessment in a guided, narrative-style format
- Allows learners to go deeper into their DiSC style to develop social and emotional skills
- Compares their DiSC style with colleagues and gives tips for more effective interactions
3. Catalyst a personalized, on demand learning platform
- A 23-page guided narrative available for download from the Catalyst platform and the EPIC Administration Site
- Describes a learner’s DiSC style, insights about them and others, and actionable strategies for building better relationships and being more effective in the workplace
- Modular design to coincide with the topics in the facilitation
4. The Facilitation Took Kit *Optional Resource for Facilitators
- Free extension of the Everything DiSC Workplace Facilitation Kit modified to include instructor-led training modules for virtual or in-person delivery
- Easily customizable facilitation materials using scripted content, contemporary video and activities
- Short-format, modular design that is easily tailored to any group size or time constraint
How is Everything DiSC Workplace on Catalyst different than the traditional Everything DiSC Workplace application?
Workplace on Catalyst refactors the traditional Workplace experience to better support real-world application of the learning concepts. The result is an experience that moves from a once-and-done event to an ongoing learning process. Three notable differences are described below:
- Modular Design: The traditional Workplace experience has been refactored into five learning modules. Unlike the traditional Workplace experience, each module is self-contained and can be done alone or in conjunction with the others. This design enables group training sessions that can be easily customized to meet a wider range of time or group-size constraints. These learning modules include the following:
- i. Your DiSC Style (~65 mins)
- ii. Your People (~20 mins)
- iii. How You Work (~70 mins) iv. Understand Your Relationships (~60 mins)
- v. Build Better Relationships (~55 mins)
- Please note that all five learning modules can be delivered separately or together in a single event. The intent of the modular design is to equip Partners and facilitators with more options to address emerging learning trends around shorter-format sessions.
Immediately Relevant and Applicable to Each Learner’s Day-to-Day Work Life: The Catalyst™ platform acts as a personalized, on-demand single access point for learners to call on throughout their DiSC® journey. Here, learners take their DiSC assessment, gain access to their personalized results and Workplace content, and can compare their DiSC style to their colleagues and get tips for more effective interactions in real time. This contextualized experience allows learners to apply what they learn with their colleagues and more easily come back to DiSC to help achieve lasting behavior change.
Virtual or In-Person Instructor-Led Facilitation: To address the remote work implications brought on by COVID-19, the Workplace on Catalyst facilitation has been designed to support virtual OR in-person training. The Everything DiSC Workplace® on Catalyst™ facilitation materials include the following:
- i. Advanced virtual facilitation (for use with more sophisticated virtual meeting or training technology)
- ii. Basic virtual facilitation (for use with basic video meeting technology)
- iii. Classroom facilitation (for face-to-face sessions; coming later in 2020)